One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dramatic piece for one performer.
- ‘It is billed as an operatic monodrama in five movements for mezzo-soprano and 10 instruments.’
- ‘Last night, Scottish Opera continued its ambitious double bill of 20th century musical drama, Bela Bartok's Duke Bluebeard's Castle and Arnold Schoenberg's challenging monodrama Erwartung.’
- ‘It came as no surprise to find him addressing the subject of murder in his 30-minute monodrama about a woman who has killed her husband after long periods of violent abuse.’
- ‘The Voice is a one-act monodrama about a woman's telephone conversation with her ex-lover.’
- ‘We have a monodrama: the thoughts and recollections of Samuel Gentle, former Episcopal priest, now cathedral groundskeeper.’
- ‘This one-act monodrama is a disturbing and atmospheric piece, and it finds the actress making her company debut in the role of the unnamed woman waiting for her lover.’
- ‘Underlying the creation of a new monodrama, an example ever before me is the story of a child frightened by a violent thunderstorm.’
- ‘His operas include several monodramas, and he has also written a considerable quantity of chamber and vocal music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.