One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is another unseen environmental problem intrinsic to this shift to the export mode: monocultural production, which raises enormous environmental problems.’
- ‘In regions such as the Mitidja plain inland of Algiers and in parts of Oranais, viticulture had acquired monocultural status.’
- ‘Even those interested only in monocultural cultivated rice, says the University of Minnesota agronomist, should be concerned with preserving wild varieties.’
- ‘One crop might fail, but another will survive - there are heartbreaks here too, but no single moment of crisis, as with a monocultural cash crop.’
- ‘Vast corporate-owned monocultural factory farms have come to dominate America's countryside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.