One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There is another unseen environmental problem intrinsic to this shift to the export mode: monocultural production, which raises enormous environmental problems.’
- ‘Vast corporate-owned monocultural factory farms have come to dominate America's countryside.’
- ‘One crop might fail, but another will survive - there are heartbreaks here too, but no single moment of crisis, as with a monocultural cash crop.’
- ‘Even those interested only in monocultural cultivated rice, says the University of Minnesota agronomist, should be concerned with preserving wild varieties.’
- ‘In regions such as the Mitidja plain inland of Algiers and in parts of Oranais, viticulture had acquired monocultural status.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.