One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That hasn't stopped the monocled Crown Prince, whose opulent lifestyle includes a multi-million-dollar mansion.’
- ‘A lanky monocled man with wire-brush grey beards appears on the dais where the king sits with his entourage.’
- ‘Soon the secretary, a lean, monocled man, entered and bowed respectfully to the Lord.’
- ‘The monocled gentlemen at America's top nut factory developed a tempting canned nut medley: Planter's Mixed Nuts.’
- ‘The woman who sat across from Price in the first class train coach was more loquacious than her monocled husband who sat beside her, absorbed in his newspaper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.