One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Soon the secretary, a lean, monocled man, entered and bowed respectfully to the Lord.’
- ‘A lanky monocled man with wire-brush grey beards appears on the dais where the king sits with his entourage.’
- ‘That hasn't stopped the monocled Crown Prince, whose opulent lifestyle includes a multi-million-dollar mansion.’
- ‘The woman who sat across from Price in the first class train coach was more loquacious than her monocled husband who sat beside her, absorbed in his newspaper.’
- ‘The monocled gentlemen at America's top nut factory developed a tempting canned nut medley: Planter's Mixed Nuts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.