One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounTheology Philosophy
- ‘The generality of physics is a monist principle.’
- ‘By contrast, the claim that the distinction is purely semantic is congenial to a monist position, whether nomological or anomalous.’
- ‘Only monists and missionaries think that differences must be removed, or that differences will just disappear once everyone is ‘liberated’ and free to see the light.’
- ‘In considering how such tensions can be resolved there is an important difference between monists and pluralists in philosophy.’
- ‘The other thing that interests me is that the Hippocratics were in a sense the first monists rather than dualists and by that I mean that they argued that the mind equalled the brain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.