One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The concealment of the origins of illegally obtained money, typically by means of transfers involving foreign banks or legitimate businesses.‘he was convicted of money laundering and tax evasion’
- ‘He had already been convicted of threatening a police officer and faced fraud and money laundering charges.’
- ‘To deter illegitimate businesses from capitalizing on these advantages, Belize imposes heavy fines and imprisonment for money laundering.’
- ‘Is this a guy you would want running your highly profitable money laundering operation?’
- ‘Here are some ideas for people working in the banking system and elsewhere on how to minimize the risk of being caught up in money laundering.’
- ‘Organized crime, drug trafficking and money laundering are not new in themselves.’
- ‘Private banks sell secrecy to their clients, making them ideal for money laundering.’
- ‘Combating money laundering is a costly exercise.’
- ‘Money laundering cannot be seriously attacked without understanding its connection to organized crime.’
- ‘He's facing charges of conspiracy and money laundering.’
- ‘The government has fined the bank billions of dollars for not reporting suspicious activity, including money laundering.’
- ‘The bank officials involved in money laundering have backing from the highest levels of the banking institutions.’
- ‘These authorities say they want to combat money laundering.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.