One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Celtic Christianity in the sixth through tenth centuries was characterized by its extreme asceticism, its love of learning, and its distinctive monasticism.’
- ‘Following closely to this preoccupation with asceticism was monasticism which spread with incredible rapidity.’
- ‘Is monasticism a purer search for God or only a way of life some people need?’
- ‘Rejected by Luther is the idea that some occupations, such as the priesthood or monasticism, are spiritually superior to others, such as parenting.’
- ‘Benedict is considered the founder of Western monasticism, a man who said prayer comes first and work is then absorbed into prayer and becomes a part of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.