One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some rooms are monastically small.’
- ‘Paring form and materiality down to its monastically rigorous bare bones, this new apartment in Milan is a sensuous synthesis of big spaces and ethereal light.’
- ‘The result can be monastically bare, as though he is looking for whatever lies on the other side of asceticism.’
- ‘The Tigre people have a sacred artistic tradition within Christianity that includes music (directed by monastically trained men) as well as Biblical illumination, scroll making, and icon painting.’
- ‘They locked themselves into the Round House, a monastically inspired stone-built retreat used for similar purposes by another musician in the 1990s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.