One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some rooms are monastically small.’
- ‘Paring form and materiality down to its monastically rigorous bare bones, this new apartment in Milan is a sensuous synthesis of big spaces and ethereal light.’
- ‘The result can be monastically bare, as though he is looking for whatever lies on the other side of asceticism.’
- ‘They locked themselves into the Round House, a monastically inspired stone-built retreat used for similar purposes by another musician in the 1990s.’
- ‘The Tigre people have a sacred artistic tradition within Christianity that includes music (directed by monastically trained men) as well as Biblical illumination, scroll making, and icon painting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.