One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formula giving the number of atoms of each of the elements present in one molecule of a specific compound.
- ‘Isomers are nothing more than two or more compounds that have identical molecular formulas, but different chemical structures and physical properties.’
- ‘Elemental analysis is often used to confirm the molecular formula deduced from spectroscopic experiments.’
- ‘The molecular formula, showing the exact number of each kind of atom, can be determined in several ways, but discovering the arrangement of these atoms requires a large amount of detective work.’
- ‘They have 8-13 carbon atoms in their molecular formula.’
- ‘Special kinds of chemical formulas, called molecular formulas, are used to represent the kinds of atoms and the number of each kind of atom in a molecule.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.