One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A branch of electronics in which individual molecules perform the same function as microelectronic devices such as diodes.
- ‘They plan to study the structure of molecular layers sandwiched between two conducting surfaces, a configuration directly relevant to molecular electronics.’
- ‘A key challenge in molecular electronics is making electrical contacts to the fragile molecules, chemical chains that are easily damaged.’
- ‘‘Although many classes of molecules can be used for molecular electronics, only a small percentage of these have been assessed so far,’ Flood said.’
- ‘The Dutch team that crafted the world's first functioning transistor from a single carbon nanotube in 1998 has taken another major step in molecular electronics.’
- ‘However, recent breakthroughs in molecular electronics have been announced that will extend or even accelerate density doubling well into the mid-21st century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.