One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A branch of electronics in which individual molecules perform the same function as microelectronic devices such as diodes.
- ‘However, recent breakthroughs in molecular electronics have been announced that will extend or even accelerate density doubling well into the mid-21st century.’
- ‘They plan to study the structure of molecular layers sandwiched between two conducting surfaces, a configuration directly relevant to molecular electronics.’
- ‘The Dutch team that crafted the world's first functioning transistor from a single carbon nanotube in 1998 has taken another major step in molecular electronics.’
- ‘‘Although many classes of molecules can be used for molecular electronics, only a small percentage of these have been assessed so far,’ Flood said.’
- ‘A key challenge in molecular electronics is making electrical contacts to the fragile molecules, chemical chains that are easily damaged.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.