One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a solution) containing one mole of solute per kilogram of solvent.
- ‘Calibration of the instruments was carried out with 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, and 0.9 molal NaCl solutions of known water potential at 25°C.’
- ‘If 1kg of solvent has two moles of solute dissolved in it than it is a 2 molal solution.’
- ‘The osmolal concentration of TEG and MG were calculated from the dependence of their osmotic pressure on molal concentration.’
- ‘As such a one molal solution has one mole dissolved in 2.205 lb of solution.’
- ‘The section on the interconversion of molal and molar solutions needs to be reworded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.