One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a solution) containing one mole of solute per kilogram of solvent.
- ‘Calibration of the instruments was carried out with 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, and 0.9 molal NaCl solutions of known water potential at 25°C.’
- ‘As such a one molal solution has one mole dissolved in 2.205 lb of solution.’
- ‘If 1kg of solvent has two moles of solute dissolved in it than it is a 2 molal solution.’
- ‘The section on the interconversion of molal and molar solutions needs to be reworded.’
- ‘The osmolal concentration of TEG and MG were calculated from the dependence of their osmotic pressure on molal concentration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.