One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in UK
- another term for nitrazepam
- ‘Plus I'm having problems sleeping at the moment and this is cheaper than Mogadon.’
- ‘The question is, should I renew my season ticket or try the cheaper alternative and get some Mogadon on prescription?’
- ‘Not even a dozen Mogadon will send me to sleep quicker than a food historian putting pen to paper.’
- ‘I would take a couple of Mogadon or something like that to calm your nerves.’
- ‘Not that I've ever taken a Mogadon, but there you go.’
1950s: origin unknown.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.