One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A bright orange backpack was slung ever so modishly across his shoulders and, when he turned around, I saw that he was wearing a black Nirvana T-shirt and neon pink Converse sneakers.’
- ‘When one arrives at the platform, attractive and modishly adorned stewardesses usher you to your berth.’
- ‘Even the most puritanical, old-style theorist, or the most modishly self-conscious, context-seeking musicologist will be hugely entertained, as well as enlightened, by this book.’
- ‘You are saying we cannot be modishly innovative.’
- ‘Emotionally, he keeps the film in the same modishly cool gear, mirroring the 19-year-old's detachment to the consequences of blindly following a wanted felon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.