One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of adapting something to modern needs or habits.‘the industry is undergoing modernization’‘kitchen and bathroom modernizations’
- ‘These issues concern land and hunting rights, commercial exploitation, and the negative impact of modernization and integration on their culture.’
- ‘It ends optimistically with the message that modernization will succeed.’
- ‘Modernism in the simplest terms would be modernization of our life or of society.’
- ‘The most difficult aspect of the project was to make the modernization nearly invisible within the historic fabric.’
- ‘By tying to reach a level of Western-oriented modernization, we are destroying the continuity of our own tradition.’
- ‘The exhibition contains various photographic reports of the incomplete nature of global modernization.’
- ‘The casino boss is embroiled in his own struggle against modernization.’
- ‘Perhaps the mistake is to think that modernization necessarily equals high-rise architecture.’
- ‘Wresting a few coals from the fires of modernization, it suggests a way modern audio-visual technologies can link the past with the homogenizing present.’
- ‘Embedded in this way of doing art history, is an ideological text wherein the wounds of modernization are healed by the subliminal operation of cultural memory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.