Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A house in a newly built development that is furnished and decorated to be shown to prospective buyers.
- ‘You've been working on this model home, and what will then happen once that's completed?’
- ‘Since model homes today are frequently driven by interior design, architects also should evaluate the degree to which their efforts will be appreciated.’
- ‘The model home makes Jack froth: ‘It's not a house, it's a thing to keep the TV dry.’’
- ‘After the ceremonies, guests were able to receive their first look at a completed model home, and came away impressed with this new concept.’
- ‘As you look at floor plans, work with an architect or a custom builder or tour model homes.’
- ‘They live in an isolated model home that is all that remains of a bankrupt developer and his dream.’
- ‘Even the model homes we visited presented barriers that gave us difficulties.’
- ‘The room that aunty Lanya and uncle James share looks like something out of a model home.’
- ‘So if you visit a model home and see something you like, ask the salesperson about that builder's policy.’
- ‘Her tranquil and textural work has been shown in various galleries, private collections, on television, and in model homes throughout Northeast Ohio and parts of Colorado.’
- ‘This year, her furniture propped a model home at the International Builders' Show in Las Vegas.’
- ‘When you put on ‘aesthetic blinders ‘so you can zero in on function, you'll find the model home kitchens have pluses and minuses, just like yours.’
- ‘To get a handle on all the possibilities, visit builder's model homes.’
- ‘We drove by a model home, for house buyers to tour.’
- ‘Too often, families haven't the time or resources to look at model home after model home in their desired area.’
- ‘Property owners will be able to choose from model home designs and also will be able to design their own internal floor plans.’
- ‘To net top dollar, you have to banish most traces of yourself - from your refrigerator magnets to your kids' artwork - and create an idealized living space, almost with the look of a model home.’
- ‘Look at new model homes to verify that features you're considering adding are present in those homes.’
- ‘The idea for the Global Village stemmed from a group of five model homes the the organization maintained in town to show visitors to its headquarters.’
- ‘Visit a few higher-end model homes to see what the pros are doing.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.