One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nonalcoholic drink consisting of a mixture of fruit juices or other soft drinks.
- ‘Speciality coffees, too, are there, so are those mocktails and of course, spirited cocktails.’
- ‘The highlight of the fare is the flavoured cocktails and mocktails, fruit and vegetable carvings, which promise to transport you to coastal Thailand.’
- ‘The specially created cocktails and mocktails fit the occasion too.’
- ‘And as if it is not enough, the hotel has prepared some mocktails, named after the game.’
- ‘Tropical fruits such as pineapple, passion fruit and wood apple are combined with coconut milk to create unforgettable mocktails.’
- ‘The melon festival will kick off here with a veritable mishmash of melon-based menu, complete with cocktails and mocktails.’
- ‘If you have friends or family over during the holiday season, why not treat the drivers to a mocktail rather than the usual soft drinks?’
- ‘As far as the menu is concerned, promised are some new pasta, finger food as well as a lot of new mocktails and cocktails.’
- ‘To maintain a festive look, ask the bartender to make you a mocktail with seltzer, a splash of cranberry juice and a slice of lime.’
- ‘However, evidently sarongs and mocktails on sun-kissed beaches don't mean a thing to Jean.’
- ‘You can opt for lemon or peach flavours, or use them as base for mocktails and cocktails, or even make a cold fruit punch.’
- ‘There is also an exotic range of cocktails, mocktails, wine, and after-dinner liqueurs.’
- ‘Ask any chef in an upmarket hotel in the city and he will tell you that the fans of mocktails are growing in numbers by the day.’
- ‘For these weekly meals, he will offer grilled items, low-fat hummus, whole grain breads with sesame, fresh fruit and vegetable juices, mocktails, dried fruits, dates and figs.’
- ‘In my second year in Chennai I developed this thing for mocktails and sandwiches.’
- ‘The choice of elixir served adds to the exotic range of mocktails, cocktails, wines, and liquors.’
- ‘They do not stock the trendier mocktails that come extravagantly priced in the new chai bars the city is suddenly full of.’
- ‘I didn't realize this event was dry until I downed half a dozen mocktails.’
- ‘Apart from special cuisines to suit the sporting sensation, mocktails will add a dash of colour to the occasion.’
- ‘However, the traditional turkey and desserts, draught beer, and mocktails will make up for it.’
1930s: blend of mock (adjective) and cocktail.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.