One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A neck for a knit garment similar to a funnel neck but shorter and typically not as loose.
- ‘I wore a long-sleeve, white mock turtleneck every day because I was cold.’
- ‘The 2-inch mock turtleneck design is available in either short-sleeve or long-sleeve styles.’
- ‘It features a mock turtleneck with a zipper, which forms a pointed collar when unzipped.’
- ‘We're going to be seeing a lot more mock turtlenecks on golfers this year, and it's not as if they've never been allowed on golf courses before.’
- ‘Smoothing her sleeveless mock turtleneck, she admires her bare arms for a moment before her gaze lands on her white complexion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.