One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Imitation turtle soup made from a calf's head.
- ‘Dating back about a century, mock turtle soup started with a calf's head, an element that was replaced decades ago by Worthmore with boneless beef.’
- ‘Calf's head used to be, in England, a standard source of meat for mock turtle soup.’
- ‘I had a delicious mock turtle soup at that place by the river.’
- ‘The name for this new dish was obvious - mock turtle soup.’
- ‘Ands until their abrupt closure late last year, the restaurant made a pretty good Cincinnati Chili and both real and mock turtle soups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.