One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is only when the Sun is on the horizon that we get the mock suns exactly on the 22-degree halo.’
- ‘Haloes may be accompanied by a whole array of circumzenithal arcs and parhelion (mock suns).’
- ‘If you see mock suns or the 22 degree halo around the sun always look directly overhead to the zenith.’
- ‘You just might see a sun dog, or even a super-display of mock suns like those seen from Tuba City in 1926.’
- ‘The changing rays and shifting mock suns may have arisen from sheets of falling ice crystals of different geometries..’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.