One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for motion capture
- ‘The production team tested a new, integrated version of mocap called performance capture.’
- ‘Mocap is just a technique - as imperfect as the next and only as good as the person using it.’
- ‘One booth was filming two women dancing in mocap suits and displaying animations of their movements in real time.’
- ‘One of the key responsibilities for this position is to assist and to eventually run a mocap shoot.’
- ‘Today, mocap has expanded into actors no longer wearing wetsuit-like skins, but simply recorded in a seemingly normal way.’
- ‘Just as with mocap, a cyber-scan of the actor was first entered into the computer.’
- ‘He also worked as the martial arts instructor for the motion capture stuntmen and even did some mocap himself.’
- ‘I spent a lot of time acting and directing some pretty cool mocap for the game.’
- ‘We are looking at all levels from entry to very experienced but the candidate would benefit from previous mocap experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.