One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for motion capture
- ‘One booth was filming two women dancing in mocap suits and displaying animations of their movements in real time.’
- ‘One of the key responsibilities for this position is to assist and to eventually run a mocap shoot.’
- ‘The production team tested a new, integrated version of mocap called performance capture.’
- ‘I spent a lot of time acting and directing some pretty cool mocap for the game.’
- ‘Today, mocap has expanded into actors no longer wearing wetsuit-like skins, but simply recorded in a seemingly normal way.’
- ‘He also worked as the martial arts instructor for the motion capture stuntmen and even did some mocap himself.’
- ‘Just as with mocap, a cyber-scan of the actor was first entered into the computer.’
- ‘We are looking at all levels from entry to very experienced but the candidate would benefit from previous mocap experience.’
- ‘Mocap is just a technique - as imperfect as the next and only as good as the person using it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.