Rule or domination by the masses.
lawlessness, absence of government, nihilism, mobocracy, revolution, insurrection, riot, rebellion, mutiny, disorder, disorganization, misrule, chaos, tumult, turmoil, mayhem, pandemoniumView synonyms
- ‘This is, after all, a democracy and not a mobocracy.’
- ‘The mobocracy rules the biggest nation in the name of democracy.’
- ‘The government has failed, police has failed, intelligence has failed and mobocracy is ruling the roost.’
- ‘Sharp countered this, but others reacted by opposing the coming convention, saying it would promote mobocracy.’
- ‘We have only the permission for that use and disposal, and then only so long as we dutifully serve the reigning mobocracy in the manner it deems desirable.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.