One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular The study and development of systems for improving and assisting the memory.
- ‘In short, mnemonics and rote memory aren't the only way to learn.’
- ‘His interests then turned to publications on mnemonics, which he collected and donated to the University of San Marino.’
- ‘But evolutionary trends are post hoc constructs akin to mnemonics.’
- ‘Bruno then travelled to Toulouse in France, where he lectured on Aristotle's De anima and wrote a book on mnemonics - systems of memory training.’
- ‘Read the rest of this fascinating profile and I suspect that, like me, you'll come away with an appreciation of Card and a desire to learn more about the Riccian method of mnemonics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.