One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An online role-playing video game in which a very large number of people participate simultaneously.
- ‘MMORPGs are relatively recent phenomenons, made possible through steady advancements in computer hardware, software and networks.’
- ‘I've been burned by MMORPGs too many times - all too often, they show early promise and then just get lazy the further you go.’
- ‘In a world where MMORPGs battle for a rapidly growing player base, it's very hard to find innovation.’
- ‘There are an increasing number of MMORPG players, playing in online virtual worlds, where objects acquired have real monetary value.’
- ‘As the number of players in MMORPGs continues to grow, so do the opportunities to trade in-game items for real-world profits.’
- ‘Most experienced players of MMORPGS will start a new game expecting to have to invest quite a lot of time into it.’
- ‘As long as there is broadband and beyond - the MMORPG is here to stay.’
- ‘My advice to people who make MMORPGs is to keep an element of player risk in the game.’
- ‘I'm 61 years old and have been playing MMORPGs for a decade without ever receiving a complaint.’
- ‘Let's just say for instance that we shift the focus of any given MMORPG from combat to interaction.’
1990s: from massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.