Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Mixed martial arts.
- ‘While I respect MMA as a sport, I just can't get on board with it as a viably exciting element in an action film.’
- ‘I have very little doubt that all the MMA stars are capable fighters, and I wouldn't dare get into the ring with any of them.’
- ‘It seems that MMA has become a popular thing to try for some athletes.’
- ‘People that defend MMA say that it is safer to be knocked out quickly.’
- ‘The second reason for MMA's rise has to be a reflection of today's society.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.