An oriental rape of a variety with finely cut leaves that are eaten as a salad vegetable.
- ‘Add porcinis, mizuna and poached eggs and remove from heat.’
- ‘One of the quintessentially British items recently pushed from salad bowls brimming with rocket and mizuna is watercress.’
- ‘In Tenerife they concentrate on salad leaves such as mizuna, ruby chard, rocket and red mustard.’
- ‘The trouble with meatballs, however, is that there are rarely any leftovers - which is more than can be said for mizuna and pomegranate salad with braised pork belly, enoki mushrooms and miso.’
- ‘For a mild mix, combine familiar types of leaf lettuce with greens such as mizuna, purslane, mache and chervil.’
1990s: from Japanese.