One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compilation of favorite pieces of music, typically by different artists, recorded onto a cassette tape or other medium by an individual.
- ‘Therefore you need an eclectic smorgasbord of aural delicacies to keep the true essence of a mixtape intact.’
- ‘A big mixtape has to be an event.’
- ‘Offerings of vinyl pants and spiked bracelets are preferable, but mixed tapes will more likely guarantee good results.’
- ‘For many people, especially the young, ringtones are as musically viable as a favorite mixtape was a generation ago.’
- ‘Now, granted, this mixtape technically came out in 2004.’
- ‘You could give the same box of records to 10 DJs and get 10 very different mixed tapes.’
- ‘It is worth asking whether, by modeling themselves on homemade mix tapes, commercial mixes have the potential functionally to displace home mixes.’
- ‘It sounds more like a fantastic mix tape by one talented DJ for an underground party.’
- ‘Really, any Sabbath song will fit perfectly into any stoner mixtape.’
- ‘If you haven't made mix tapes you either don't love music, aren't at all romantic, or both.’
- ‘There are many of us who believe that an ace mixtape is all it takes to spur on a great romance.’
- ‘Oh well, might as well have a mix-tape for the road trip.’
- ‘And I need to find time to make some mix tapes for the drive.’
- ‘Also look out for the albums, DVDs, videos and mixtapes!’
- ‘The mix tape, however, is a recurring theme in their work, a theme drawn from the dawn of their own romance.’
- ‘Spencer and I were casually aimless in Newtown giving ourselves caffeine shakes and writing a list of pirate songs for my pirate mixtape.’
- ‘She was psyched for the comic books and mix tape.’
- ‘I can't recall just how many people at school asked me to do them a mix tape.’
- ‘Every mix tape should contain at least one moment of nostalgia.’
- ‘I also write concert reviews, the odd essay, and love assembling digital mixtapes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.