One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of people consisting of members of both sexes.‘such questions were not asked in mixed company’
- ‘My mother always used to tell me that a lady never discusses such things in mixed company.’
- ‘The fundamental women's right that was fought for then had been a part of women's lives for centuries before being discussed in mixed company and won in the public arena.’
- ‘But on the subject of what constitutes fit topics for conversation in mixed company, traditionalist views dominate the male mindset at the Billabong.’
- ‘Every time I'm in mixed company and a girl with dyed hair gets talking about her natural colour, the comment is always the same.’
- ‘It also heightens the risk that a long-forgotten favorite song will pop up, for better or for worse, in mixed company.’
- ‘In mixed company, it's more noticeable that one person is being too dominant - whether that person is a man or a women.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.