One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of people consisting of members of both sexes.‘such questions were not asked in mixed company’
- ‘In mixed company, it's more noticeable that one person is being too dominant - whether that person is a man or a women.’
- ‘But on the subject of what constitutes fit topics for conversation in mixed company, traditionalist views dominate the male mindset at the Billabong.’
- ‘It also heightens the risk that a long-forgotten favorite song will pop up, for better or for worse, in mixed company.’
- ‘My mother always used to tell me that a lady never discusses such things in mixed company.’
- ‘The fundamental women's right that was fought for then had been a part of women's lives for centuries before being discussed in mixed company and won in the public arena.’
- ‘Every time I'm in mixed company and a girl with dyed hair gets talking about her natural colour, the comment is always the same.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.