Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A guide to enable a saw to cut miter joints at the desired angle.
- ‘To ensure both the ladder and gauge are vertical lay the tank down in your largest miter box and use its edge as a guide.’
- ‘Miters can be cut quickly and accurately by using a power miter saw, a table saw or a good miter box.’
- ‘These pieces should first be cut to a 45-degree angle with your miter box and back saw.’
- ‘This saw is used in conjunction with a miter box to cut a perfectly straight line across a piece of wood.’
- ‘Although half of the 1910 catalog was used for planes, other tools were also featured: screwdrivers, miter boxes, level, braces, squares and bevels, boxwood folding rules, and ZigZag rules.’
miter box/ˈmīdər bäks/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.