One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A guide to enable a saw to cut miter joints at the desired angle.
- ‘To ensure both the ladder and gauge are vertical lay the tank down in your largest miter box and use its edge as a guide.’
- ‘These pieces should first be cut to a 45-degree angle with your miter box and back saw.’
- ‘Although half of the 1910 catalog was used for planes, other tools were also featured: screwdrivers, miter boxes, level, braces, squares and bevels, boxwood folding rules, and ZigZag rules.’
- ‘This saw is used in conjunction with a miter box to cut a perfectly straight line across a piece of wood.’
- ‘Miters can be cut quickly and accurately by using a power miter saw, a table saw or a good miter box.’
miter box/ˈmīdər bäks/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.