One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of mistreating or fact of being mistreated; ill-treatment.‘the alleged mistreatment of the animals that perform in those shows’
ill treatment, maltreatment, abuse, ill use, ill usage, beating, rough handling, mishandling, manhandlingView synonyms
- ‘She called on ministers to boost protection for women, after a report showed widespread mistreatment of pregnant staff by employers.’
- ‘There is no reminiscing on evidence of any social mistreatment or racial abuse.’
- ‘Reports of mistreatment have surfaced recently from detainees, released after a year in custody without charge.’
- ‘If there are allegations of mistreatment made, then those allegations are investigated.’
- ‘He said that allegations of prisoner mistreatment are investigated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.