One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Done at an inappropriate moment; badly timed.‘her mistimed resignation from the government’
- ‘Kerry called the idea mistimed and nonsensical.’
- ‘However, without such documentation, the defects of excessive / mistimed testing and wrong patient and specimen identification cannot be adequately addressed.’
- ‘And yet the result combined with a recent but ultimately mistimed run of good form would, in any other season, promise much.’
- ‘I would rather have a fork scraped repeatedly across my teeth than listen to one of his speeches waiting for a gaffe or one of his patented mistimed pauses.’
- ‘Such is the brute strength that Lance possesses and such is the weight of the big bat in his hands, that, on most occasions, slightly mis-hit and mistimed shots also carry the full distance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.