One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal summary of the aims and values of a company, organization, or individual.
- ‘A mission statement gives individuals and groups a sense of where they need to focus their energies.’
- ‘We're still working on developing a mission statement for the organization.’
- ‘Somewhere in our mission statement, we promised to act as is necessary for public and personal safety and no more.’
- ‘A mission statement is critical to an organization or program and justifies its existence.’
- ‘Prepare a mission statement for your life and proceed knowing that you will discover peace in the area of your finances when you do what you love.’
- ‘Whether a firm has a formal mission statement is less important than that it has a broadly understood policy in each of these areas.’
- ‘Work is continuing on the mission statement of the Community Council.’
- ‘Accordingly, the mission statement of the movement lists an overall agenda and a number of demands.’
- ‘Use its mission statement and the president's letter to look for buzzwords to add to your proposal.’
- ‘The progressive movement could be so strong if only there was a unifying mission statement.’
- ‘These words read like a mission statement for Glasgow's musicians.’
- ‘Eventually, I found some information on the founders of the company, and their mission statement.’
- ‘We support the suggestion to enshrine a commitment to access in our mission statement.’
- ‘There you'll find a mission statement, some background about the owners and several pages of product pictures.’
- ‘To develop a staff mission statement, break your staff into three groups.’
- ‘A number of courses are taught in which the mission statement of an organization is reviewed or analyzed.’
- ‘He writes a mission statement espousing the importance of ethics in business and hands it out to the entire company.’
- ‘D.A.R.E. Canada lists explicitly in its mission statement the goal of preventing drug use amongst school kids.’
- ‘It would be more than just a school, according to the mission statement they wrote.’
- ‘Our mission statement is that animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on or use in entertainment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.