One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instance of faulty feeding of something (typically paper) through a machine.
- ‘These actions prevent creases from forming which may cause a misfeed.’
- ‘Every stoppage was a 12 o'clock misfeed, the last thing we expected with a tilting-barrel design so radical that it's patented.’
- ‘Frank says he still gets the occasional misfeed with some very short 90-grain handloads, but that can happen with almost any 9mm auto.’
- ‘There were no jams or misfeeds with well over 1,000 rounds fired.’
- ‘In fact, I've never had a magazine retention problem or a misfeed with the Destroyer system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.