One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An incorrect diagnosis of an illness or other problem.‘the common errors that can lead to a misdiagnosis’‘misdiagnosis of scabies is common’
- ‘No treatment with normal nursing care is a safeguard against wrong diagnosis and against deliberate misdiagnosis for an evil purpose.’
- ‘Awareness of these vestigial epithelial remnants is important in recognizing their associated pathologic conditions and in preventing misdiagnoses.’
- ‘There are similarities with Smith, who also suffered the misfortune of misdiagnosis.’
- ‘I repeatedly had a baffling array of symptoms and was disappointed to receive either no diagnosis or even misdiagnosis and cocktails of harmful drugs.’
- ‘Initially, patients are often treated with anticoagulants because of the misdiagnosis of pulmonary embolism.’
- ‘Errors related to the misdiagnosis of fractures accounted for the third largest amount of dollars paid out to settle malpractice claims.’
- ‘The association between TB incidence and history of TB we observed is thus unlikely to be due to misdiagnoses or misclassifications.’
- ‘Inappropriate educational placement or misdiagnoses of language delay in bilingual children is a concern.’
- ‘By using specialists with time dedicated to treating epilepsy, waiting lists and misdiagnoses have been significantly reduced.’
- ‘A misdiagnosis of schizophrenia in an adolescent could result in failure to initiate appropriate treatment for an affective illness at a critical life stage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.