Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Configure (a system or part of it) incorrectly.‘misconfigured Windows systems’
- ‘You can always make a separate FTP directory if you want, but this way lets people use HTTP to get files from your server if they're behind a misconfigured firewall that doesn't let FTP connections through.’
- ‘Inexperienced network administrators can easily misconfigure operating systems and firewall applications, or install them using default configurations.’
- ‘When something goes wrong and elements are misconfigured, service providers have very few reliable methods of isolating and identifying the location and source of the network breakdown.’
- ‘If the network is misconfigured, the problem can be corrected before the customer is affected.’
- ‘But they're sometimes misconfigured to accept and forward connections from the outside as well, allowing anyone on the Internet to route through the proxy with a simple browser configuration change.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.