One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Once a hacker identifies a target network, his or her next step is often to find a system with default configurations or common misconfigurations.’
- ‘The rest, he says, are misconfigurations: systems with default passwords still in place, ports open unnecessarily and security features not even turned on.’
- ‘While more than 80 per cent of the online consumers surveyed believe they are secure, about the same number have not installed necessary security software or have a misconfiguration that affects security, the study said.’
- ‘Server misconfiguration can also provide intruders with a means of attack.’
- ‘Whether this was caused by a misconfiguration on our part, a software incompatibility or something else, we don't know.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.