One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Failure to communicate adequately.
- ‘Another problem is that they don't have much choice in the matter, which again contributes to the air of miscommunication and unfairness.’
- ‘I was told, yes, it's today, but I guess there was the usual miscommunication.’
- ‘But he also admits that this time, inappropriate questions, miscommunication, and lack of trust led to problems.’
- ‘And that's just a little example, but there's so many… so many problems occur because of miscommunication.’
- ‘The navigator's miscommunication was caused by out-dated communication equipment.’
- ‘It is only through mutual education that all parties concerned can be assured of communication instead of miscommunication.’
- ‘Is there any discord between you and the Ministry of Culture and if so, why according to you is there miscommunication among institutions?’
- ‘I ordered a drink, and after several minutes of miscommunication got something approaching a rum and cola.’
- ‘But because of miscommunication, we went out to 18 miles, instead of eight.’
- ‘This precision and comprehensiveness also serves to dispel ambiguity and miscommunication in camp.’
- ‘Unless the attitude among churches changes, there will always be miscommunication and a lot of misinformation too.’
- ‘He says it made for a bit of miscommunication a few times and became the only real language barrier.’
- ‘Distortions are introduced by miscommunication or deliberate fraud.’
- ‘But, as in all instances of dysfunction, miscommunication seems to lie at the root of the problem.’
- ‘Obviously we were having some miscommunication there.’
- ‘The miscommunication here about what was open for discussion rests partly with our assumptions in the basic writing field, it seems to me.’
- ‘Eventually they will become so distracted, and their relationships will be so corroded by duplicity and miscommunication, that they will simply give up and die out.’
- ‘Problems with translation and miscommunication are very common.’
- ‘Several factors have contributed, among them miscommunication, inexperience and limited talent.’
- ‘Americans pay a shocking price for this miscommunication.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.