One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Miscellaneous items, especially literary compositions, that have been collected together.
- ‘It covers over 500 products and 175 materials, and includes domestic furniture, lighting, electrical appliances, clothing, textiles, transport, buildings and building materials, and a good deal of miscellanea.’
- ‘For several years I've been tucking away miscellanea about the record that intrigued me, and something tells me it's time to put it in play.’
- ‘The other consists of a major collection of private papers and miscellanea related to she and her son.’
- ‘She describes the physical settings, the women and their customers, the transactions between them, and the gossip, infighting and other miscellanea that make up daily life in a brothel.’
- ‘A tenth chapter, ‘Anglican Life,’ adds historical and contemporary depictions of Prayer Book worship and other interesting miscellanea.’
Late 16th century: from Latin, neuter plural of miscellaneus (see miscellaneous).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.