The action of misappropriating something; embezzlement.‘an alleged misappropriation of funds’
embezzlement, expropriation, swindle, stealing, theft, thieving, pilfering, unauthorized removalView synonyms
- ‘Now that the President himself has been fingered as one of those who benefited from the misappropriation, he does owe the public an accounting.’
- ‘The ministry audit found no evidence of fraud or misappropriation of government funds and no undo influence or inappropriate relationship with ministers.’
- ‘Government has warned that it will deal firmly with officers involved in thefts and misappropriation of funds meant for community projects.’
- ‘We'll hear from critics who say the misappropriation of oil revenue is hampering the country's reconstruction.’
- ‘She needed to apply strict accounting principles and practices to detect fraud and misappropriations of public funds.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.