One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of misappropriating something; embezzlement.‘an alleged misappropriation of funds’
embezzlement, expropriation, swindle, stealing, theft, thieving, pilfering, unauthorized removalView synonyms
- ‘We'll hear from critics who say the misappropriation of oil revenue is hampering the country's reconstruction.’
- ‘The ministry audit found no evidence of fraud or misappropriation of government funds and no undo influence or inappropriate relationship with ministers.’
- ‘Now that the President himself has been fingered as one of those who benefited from the misappropriation, he does owe the public an accounting.’
- ‘She needed to apply strict accounting principles and practices to detect fraud and misappropriations of public funds.’
- ‘Government has warned that it will deal firmly with officers involved in thefts and misappropriation of funds meant for community projects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.