One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Symmetry about a plane, like that between an object and its reflection.
- ‘When hovering, fruit flies move their wings back and forth in almost perfect mirror symmetry.’
- ‘The player tries to form a pattern with the coins that shows mirror symmetry around the middle row.’
- ‘Our model assumes mirror symmetry of two monolayers with respect to the midplane of the bilayer.’
- ‘The fusion stalk structure shown in Fig.1 A is cylindrically symmetric around the z axis and exhibits mirror symmetry with respect to the equatorial plane.’
- ‘So there's a few examples of mirror symmetry and asymmetry all around us on the rotating earth and so forth, and I would delve deeper and deeper down to the atom till eventually it was a question of matter and anti-matter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.