One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Its pharmacology accounts for its analgesic and antitussive properties, along with adverse effects such as respiratory depression, decreased bowel motility, miotic pupils, nausea and hypotension.’
- ‘Carbachol a topical miotic agent has not been widely used in India.’
- ‘We examined the effects of solutions containing miotic agents such as carbachol and/or acetylcholine on corneal endothelial pumping activity.’
- ‘Since the pupillary sphincter is not receiving blood, neither light nor a miotic agent produces miosis.’
- ‘Although topical miotic drops or gel preparations are poorly tolerated by younger patients due to induced myopia and accommodative spasm, pilocarpine Ocuserts are extremely well tolerated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.