One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The minting of coins.
- ‘After plenty of car crashes, the pair discover a trunk full of gold coins of South African mintage.’
- ‘He also attempted to fine tune the money supply with mintage of new gold coinage and adulterated silver coins.’
- ‘Foreign coins of various mintage circulated freely, some dating back to Roman times.’
- 1.1 The number of copies issued of a particular coin.‘an estimated mintage of about 800’
- ‘This coin is not very rare since the mintage was 1,035,691, making it very popular.’
- ‘This is a very small mintage for a coin, so the buyers might be happier with their coins in the future.’
- ‘Even with a mintage of fifteen million the coin became very popular among collectors and good forgeries exists.’
- ‘Here the mintage for the gold coin was 4,892 PC and the silver was 4,947 PC.’
- ‘The mintage is limited to 4.500 for each of the coins and the price for each coin is set at S $55.’
- ‘These medallions will be made at the Perth Mint that guarantees their weight, gold and silver content and strict observance of the limited mintage.’
- ‘The mintage was very small, in un-circulated 2,602 coins were struck, while only 623 were struck in proof condition.’
- ‘I do not know if the great interest was because of the low mintage, the interesting face value, hopes that the coin would increase in value or the appreciation of the Constitution.’
- ‘The total mintage the Mint could produce in one day was less than 30 Chang, or about 2,400 one baht bullet coins.’
- ‘Anyway, I would not recommend changing these beautiful coins; I have seen the 6,000 baht in uncirculated being sold for 7,000 baht, and the mintage is very limited.’
- ‘Later in 1978 a new coin with a racing-car was released from Macao, this time with no advertising, and a mintage of 5,500.’
- ‘The 2002 - P Ohio quarter has the lowest mintage for one mint, 217.2 million.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.