One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The minting of coins.
- ‘Foreign coins of various mintage circulated freely, some dating back to Roman times.’
- ‘After plenty of car crashes, the pair discover a trunk full of gold coins of South African mintage.’
- ‘He also attempted to fine tune the money supply with mintage of new gold coinage and adulterated silver coins.’
- 1.1 The number of copies issued of a particular coin.‘an estimated mintage of about 800’
- ‘Here the mintage for the gold coin was 4,892 PC and the silver was 4,947 PC.’
- ‘The total mintage the Mint could produce in one day was less than 30 Chang, or about 2,400 one baht bullet coins.’
- ‘Later in 1978 a new coin with a racing-car was released from Macao, this time with no advertising, and a mintage of 5,500.’
- ‘The mintage was very small, in un-circulated 2,602 coins were struck, while only 623 were struck in proof condition.’
- ‘The mintage is limited to 4.500 for each of the coins and the price for each coin is set at S $55.’
- ‘I do not know if the great interest was because of the low mintage, the interesting face value, hopes that the coin would increase in value or the appreciation of the Constitution.’
- ‘These medallions will be made at the Perth Mint that guarantees their weight, gold and silver content and strict observance of the limited mintage.’
- ‘The 2002 - P Ohio quarter has the lowest mintage for one mint, 217.2 million.’
- ‘Anyway, I would not recommend changing these beautiful coins; I have seen the 6,000 baht in uncirculated being sold for 7,000 baht, and the mintage is very limited.’
- ‘This is a very small mintage for a coin, so the buyers might be happier with their coins in the future.’
- ‘This coin is not very rare since the mintage was 1,035,691, making it very popular.’
- ‘Even with a mintage of fifteen million the coin became very popular among collectors and good forgeries exists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.