Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Franciscan friar, or Friar Minor.
- ‘The first Minorite church was built on the bank of Eger stream.’
- ‘Since 1990 Olimje Castle has been occupied by monks of the Minorite order, who also manage the parish.’
- ‘He became a Minorite friar and in 1549 joined the monastic community at S. Maria Gloriosa dei Frari in Venice, where he studied with Willaert and became a friend of his fellow pupil Merulo.’
- ‘The Minorite Church may be found under 4 Dobó Square in the downtown of Eger.’
- ‘We had to make several trips from the Fortress to the Minorite House.’
- ‘The convent cloister of the Minorite monastery, originating from the year about 1500, is of an oblong ground plan.’
- ‘The Minorite monastery with the Church of Corpus Christi and Annunciation of the Virgin was founded in 1350 by the Rozmberks.’
- ‘Robert of Oteringham, a Minorite, said, ‘One evening my prior did not appear at table, as relics were come from Palestine which he wished to show the brethren.’’
- ‘The most excellent places in the Monastery are undoubtedly the Summer Refectory and the Minorite Library.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.