Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A test consisting of hundreds of true-false questions, used as a diagnostic tool by psychologists.
- ‘The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory is the most widely used and researched clinical assessment tool used by mental health professionals.’
- ‘The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory is one of the most widely used personality assessments with offender populations.’
- ‘To administer MMPIs (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventories) to all prospective recruits, or to understand every individual's personal demons leading to poor decisions is impossible.’
- ‘In the case studies, pre-employment psychological test evaluations were available to be reviewed including Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventories, psychologist's notes, and extensive background information.’
- ‘The MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory), composed by Hathaway (a psychologist) and McKinley (a physician) is the outcome of decades of research into personality disorders.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.