One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deep reddish tangelo of a thin-skinned variety.
- ‘Today we purchase Israeli minneolas, grapefruit, naartjies, and persimmons in most of our competitors' stores in Cape Town.’
- ‘Agriculturally the company has dynamically produced lemons, oranges, avocados, apricots, walnuts, sugar beets, celery, cabbage, lima beans, peppers, flowers, strawberries, minneolas, cara cara navels, Satsuma mandarin oranges, pummelos, cherries, pistachios, almonds, peaches, pluots, plums and olives.’
- ‘Commercial sizes of minneolas based on how many pieces of fruit are packed into the standard thirty-eight to forty pound carton include 36's, 40's, 48's, 56's, 64's, 80's, 100's, 125's, and 150's.’
- ‘The ‘Honeybell’ variety is generically known as a minneola, and they are now widely available at most US supermarkets in the late fall through early spring.’
- ‘Citrus is now in peak season and available in the widest selection of the year - from sweet navel oranges and tart grapefruits to the more exotic like the aromatic pummelos and tangy minneolas.’
- ‘Citrus such as oranges, grapefruits, minneolas, clementines are available from week 17 to 45.’
- ‘Our first delivery features apples, avocado, bananas, green beans, carrots, cucumber, lacinato kale, kumquats, romaine, yellow onions, D' anjou pears, Yukon gold potatoes, minneolas, and cherry tomatoes, and it'll get here this week.’
- ‘La Vigne Organics grows biodynamic and organic citrus in San Diego County, California, including unusual fruits such as minneolas, blood oranges, kumquats, and persimmons.’
- ‘We make sure our minneolas, pummelos and a wide variety of other citrus are available to meet the unique needs of your customers.’
- ‘There's of course more to the citrus family than lemon, limes and oranges - any food store worth its pomelo will offer minneolas, mandarins, tangerines, kumquats, clementines, satsumas, grapefruit and the absolutely delicious (but quite rare) blood oranges.’
- ‘The company, which has partnerships with several Peruvian growers, currently imports minneolas and grapes and has plans to import other items in the near future.’
- ‘Our grove is devoted to less-mainstream fruits, including kumquats, persimmons, cherimoyas, minneolas and blood oranges.’
1930s: named after a town in Florida, US.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.