One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small van, typically one fitted with seats in the back for passengers.
- ‘That leaves only two models - the Alero passenger car and Silhouette minivan.’
- ‘Are you looking for a sports car, or do you have children and need a sedan, minivan or SUV?’
- ‘Honda's Odyssey minivan is the first North American market vehicle to use the Pax System.’
- ‘A minivan has enough big seats and cup holders for an entire foursome of overweight, middle-age men, and if you remove the rear seat you can stack golf bags like cordwood.’
- ‘Thus, an 8-passenger minivan that gets 25 mpg must not be considered a gas-guzzler.’
- ‘These three infinitely-variable conveyances come in three different styles - minivan, SUV, or combo.’
- ‘Since the overhead system needs several inches of space, it fits best in a pickup, minivan, SUV or crossover vehicle.’
- ‘Instead in May, 1998, GM opted to build the Opel Zafira minivan, primarily for export.’
- ‘The latest iteration is in an Opel Zafira minivan.’
- ‘The short wheelbase Montana minivan, which is almost five inches longer than the Aztek, however, will hold 133 cubic feet.’
- ‘Yoshino is credited with leading Honda into the North American minivan and SUV markets and expanding U.S. sales.’
- ‘Jace sat next to Eric in the passenger seat of the red minivan, looking curiously out of the tinted windows at the increasingly derelict buildings and streets of downtown.’
- ‘SUVs may be the current wave, but we've seen the rise and fall of the passenger car, the minivan and the pickup truck.’
- ‘As it begins to turn down the aisle, a white Ford passenger minivan - the kind that's full of windows - starts backing out of a nearby space, putting it on a collision course.’
- ‘As someone who has moved seats in and out of every minivan on the market, the third-row split bench is a welcome relief to my back.’
- ‘Among mass produced vehicles, only the Honda Odyssey minivan has consistently sold with a premium-over-list price since its launch.’
- ‘The Dodge brand was focused on trucks, Jeep on SUVs and Chrysler on passenger vehicles, including minivans.’
- ‘He sees this as a possibility for minivan and SUV owners as well.’
- ‘Interestingly, there was a whole lot of time - and a whole lot of miles - spent individually pondering just what it is that one really needs in a minivan - like great seats.’
- ‘He's sitting in the front seat of that Mercedes minivan for the quick drive back to the Vatican.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.