Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small vertical case for a computer, or a computer mounted in such a case.‘the desk has a compartment for a minitower’[as modifier] ‘the minitower case is sturdy’
- ‘This small black box from Proware does not stand out at first glance - it just resembles a minitower PC.’
- ‘The Deskpro EX models will start at $699, available in either a desktop or minitower chassis.’
- ‘The cables on this one are probably too long for a minitower case like this, so expect a bit of a tangle unless you cable-tie them out of the way.’
- ‘The GX280 is available in three sizes, such as a smaller-than-usual minitower or desktop design, or the small form factor chassis used by the SX280.’
- ‘I'm not a big fan of having the ‘long’ lug-side of the socket along the top edge of the motherboard as it can make attaching a cooler tricky in a minitower case.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.