One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘he has vowed to relax and take things easy after suffering a ministroke in November’another term for transient ischemic attack
- ‘There is a growing concern among neurologists that, in many cases, patients and other doctors aren't recognizing or acting on the symptoms of a mini-stroke, a warning sign that often means a larger, more devastating stroke is on its way.’
- ‘Because many transient ischemic attacks are associated with permanent cerebral damage, a better label would be ministroke.’
- ‘Sometimes called a ministroke, a transient ischemic attack is a brief, temporary obstruction of blood supply to your brain.’
- ‘Even though a TIA, which is sometimes called a mini-stroke, doesn't last very long and leaves no permanent effects, it's far from an insignificant event.’
- ‘Small blood-vessel disease causes ‘mini-strokes’ that go unnoticed but erode neural-cell communication.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.