One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A convenience store.
store, retail store, outlet, retail outlet, reseller, cash and carryView synonyms
- ‘He dropped me off at my cottage (NOT at the minimart)!’
- ‘While definitely not measuring up to the facilities offered by those plush apartments hugging Jakarta's main streets, it had enough - tennis courts, a swimming pool, a minimart - to keep me happy.’
- ‘How smart is it to prevent Chinese supermarkets from selling cooking wine, and to have the time of the House taken up with the subject of whether a Chinese supermarket or a minimart can sell cooking wine?’
- ‘Within a quarter-mile there are three supermarkets, a Wal-Mart, a Taco Bell, a Domino's Pizza, a Burger King, a KFC, a BP minimart, Capt'n Joe's Galley, and the New Happy Garden Chinese Restaurant.’
- ‘It was in a minimart near the beach in Puerto Vallarta in January 1991.’
- ‘Not far away, a young cashier cries behind the counter of the Flash Foods minimart.’
- ‘Advanced Information Systems gives participating gas stations the first and last spots free for their own marketing message - a powerful tool, according to CEO Mark McKinley, for coaxing consumers into a station minimart.’
- ‘I didn't know why Kelly wanted to meet at the minimart.’
- ‘The concession stand resembles a very upscale minimart/restaurant.’
- ‘Grabbing some tins from the Villa Park minimart, we walked the ‘industrial’ route back to the city centre, where we wasted some more money on slow horses, mediocre food and more drink.’
- ‘Just went to the local minimart thing to get pizzas and cola for tea and there's a heavy storm brewing from the west as the sun set.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.