One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A session run by a professional sports team to train particular players, or to test potential new players, before its main preseason training.
- ‘The Rams discovered an added bonus once Fletcher started participating in minicamps and training camp as a rookie.’
- ‘Mankins showed enough in minicamps and training camp to become the starter at left guard, replacing veteran Joe Andruzzi.’
- ‘After playing timidly as a rookie, he was a different player in minicamps.’
- ‘In March, private workouts of top college players could be part of the programming, and after the draft, team minicamps could be featured.’
- ‘Jones sat out spring minicamps, training camp, the preseason and two games, but he still was voted a Pro Bowl starter.’
- ‘His new comfort level has been evident during the team's three minicamps and offseason conditioning program.’
- ‘He missed minicamps, training camp and the first quarter of the season recovering from a torn patellar tendon.’
- ‘Kiel played with the first team during a minicamp, and he impressed the coaches with his burst and recognition.’
- ‘That's why we have all these coaching sessions and minicamps, to get them better.’
- ‘It's the first thing the 49ers stress in minicamps and training camp.’
- ‘Williams will miss two minicamps and all organized team activities in the classroom.’
- ‘But after two minicamps and training camp, he could be ready for big minutes.’
- ‘Each year, as a courtesy to the school, the Jets invite one or two Hofstra players to the spring minicamp.’
- ‘In minicamps, the team used a lot of single-back, two-tight end sets.’
- ‘Multiple offseason minicamps allow teams to weed out the majority of fringe players who demanded practice and game repetitions in the past.’
- ‘During the team's minicamps, Culpepper's preparedness, accuracy and arm strength were impressive.’
- ‘Much of the offensive system was installed during the minicamps, so the team will spend training camp sharpening its execution.’
- ‘Teams also have periodic minicamps and voluntary regulated workouts.’
- ‘But both participated in the team's two minicamps.’
- ‘He did not throw in the June minicamp, so training camp is a major test for him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.