Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person closely resembling a smaller or younger version of another.‘so far, Eminem's mini-me has failed to get himself a moneymaking deal’
- ‘So just as well the Rugby World Cup's opening ceremony - a sort of mini-me version of Sydney's epic Olympics effort - was mercifully short.’
- ‘My current favourite though is the Assembly Buildings on Great Victoria Street - its architecture is not unlike that of a mini-me version of the parliament buildings in Budapest - a very small mini-me version mind you.’
- ‘We're wondering what it would be like to be born as a mini-me?’
- ‘Why try to make them into mini versions of yourself, with their mini-me haircuts and their mini-me clothes?’
- ‘For the famous, the joys of pregnancy are more about buying mini-me Juicy Couture than actually giving birth.’
- ‘The interventions of mini-me style Kilmarnock winger Steve Murray - making his first start of the season - warmed a troubled home crowd and he brought a variety and purpose to the home side's attack.’
- ‘As we walked to his family room, a little boy that was Jesse's mini-me walked up to me.’
- ‘The U.S. does not need another fledgling democracy - it needs a place to dump its unemployed captains of business and to establish a mini-me of American capitalism.’
- ‘You beat me at Twister and I'll say hello to mini-me.’
- ‘An army of mini-me celebrities gaze out from the covers of publications such as Teen People, Teen Vogue, Cosmo Girl and Elle Girl, plugging junior-branded merchandise, movies and TV shows.’
- ‘You'll be overwhelmed the first time you lay eyes on the mini-me of the king of MP3 players.’
- ‘Happy Go Unlucky, even in a musical world chock full of Lennon/McCartney pretenders, is a full-on ‘Penny Lane’ styled mini-me.’
- ‘Specks on the horizons they may be, but considerations of church weddings, christenings and the recognition of festivities around Christmas and Easter for some mini-mes might not be that far off.’
- ‘In addition to my overuse of hyphenated phrases, this reminds me of the Empire State Building's own mini-me, aka the RJ Reynolds headquarters in Winston-Salem, NC.’
- ‘If anyone needs proof that we enjoyed a more innocent childhood than today's crop of mini-mes, all we have to do is look at the current craze in dressed-up moulded plastic: Bratz dolls.’
- ‘The world has changed, America went further to the right and Britain is turning into the mini-me version of the country we all love to hate.’
- ‘I wouldn't want a bullied child, but I wouldn't want a mini-me either.’
- ‘We have the U.N. in New York for that and don't need a mini-me in lower Manhattan echoing their diatribes.’
- ‘They are small people, both of them; not mini-me or mini-G, not coercable dolls, but individuals with their own consciousness, their own feelings, their own needs and desires and preferences.’
- ‘Tivoli Network manager will form part of the bundle as will IBM's mini-me DB2, DB2 Everyplace.’
The name of a small cloned character in the movie Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999).
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.