One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick soup containing vegetables and pasta.
- ‘In attempting to place in perspective the scale of the disaster that had befallen it when South Korea sent its team of inflated egos homewards to mamma and a comforting bowl of minestrone, it turned to history.’
- ‘Before he could respond, I had grabbed the pot of minestrone and probably looked threatening enough to shut even Eric up.’
- ‘The minestrone had a deep, meaty taste to it but the reconstituted dried vegetables gave away its origins as a packet soup.’
- ‘The first course was a minestrone, and the second course was a vegetarian risotto.’
- ‘Homey minestrone is a hit (many entrées come with soup or a house salad, pizza among them).’
- ‘I was going to get soup, too, but they just had minestrone.’
- ‘For a similar effect, serve a simple multicourse meal consisting of a cup of minestrone, a fish fillet with cooked greens, and a salad.’
- ‘If the thought of minestrone with pesto dumplings gets you hot under the collar, then there's a bowl with your name on it.’
- ‘Use the leftover pesto for other pasta dishes, stir it into minestrone and other Italian soups, or use it in sandwiches or as a topping for pizza.’
- ‘The minestrone is thin chicken-vegetable soup.’
- ‘Ann tried the chicken soup whilst I had minestrone.’
- ‘He laughs at the idea of miso soup and rice becoming as ubiquitous as spaghetti and minestrone; Carluccio has a great, deep, fruity laugh.’
- ‘There is also another hot station with a huge soup warmer with minestrone.’
- ‘The lobster minestrone was marginally better than that, although it was served flattened out in the bowl, so the ingredients looked disparate and a little lonely, like they'd washed up from the sea.’
- ‘It got splashed with minestrone and so I have had to remove it.’
- ‘Miso, for those who have not tried it, is like an Occidental version of minestrone.’
- ‘Sometimes, if you are on the losing end of a long delivery list, your minestrone might be tepid or your sautéed bok choy soggy.’
- ‘The meal itself - on the menu this year is leek minestrone - may be somewhat modest, but that, says organizer Alison Hall, is the point.’
- ‘On the other side was a minestrone with clams, shrimps broiled in Charmoula sauce and pork medallions with lemon and herbs, plus several others!’
- ‘I can't be sure she said minestrone, since the party was on the noisy side, but the point was clear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.